Thursday, January 13, 2011

Devil

So I recently saw M. Night Shyamalan's newest movie 'Devil'. Despite the previews, I was skeptical about the movie at first. I know he didn't direct it, but he did write it. I love his earlier movies, but hated 'Lady In The Water' and 'The Happening'. This movie totally redeemed him in my opinion. This is probably one of the best horror movies I have seen in a while. For those who don't know, it is about 5 people who get stuck on an elevator, not knowing that one of them is the Devil. The whole movie isn't just in the elevator, it is also about the people outside of the elevator trying to get them out. It may not be gory, or have intense action or explosions, but it keeps your interest the whole way through. It definitely has the M. Night feel to it, and as can be expected, there is a twist at some point, but I won't spoil that for you. The added bonus... the detective (shown below) and the one passenger (the last pic) are very nice to look at. I definitely recommend this to any fans of horror/suspense.



2 comments:

  1. A coworker and I were just discussing M. Night Shyamalan's work a little while ago. I haven't seen all of his films but will keep an eye for for Devil. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm passing the Stylish Blogger award on to you, my friend. Check out my most recent post:

    http://behrblather.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete