Friday, December 10, 2010

Reflecting.....

This year has been a year of a lot of reflecting on my life. Mostly right after high school when I was coming out. It's interesting to look back and see how differently I viewed things, and how things that were important to me at the time, are now replaced by other things. Also looking back at how I have physically changed over time. Growing out of my baby face. Life seemed so stressful back then, with being closeted, worrying about my parents finding out and how they would react. Wondering how friends would react. Going to college (even tho I didn't graduate) really helped with that. It really helped to meet other people my age who were gay, since I felt so alone in high school and was too afraid to tell anyone. It took pretty much my whole freshman year of college for me to finally come out to everyone. It was very rough year for me, but as most of you know, things are a lot easier once you come out.




2 comments:

  1. You look so sad sitting there in pic #3. Can you remember what you were thinking when that pic was taken? And who took the pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gone from a cute kid to a handsome man. And yes, it gets better.

    ReplyDelete