Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Light at the end....


So I think the light at the end of the tunnel is showing. After a 2nd interview, I think I've got the job that I wanted. Also, to my surprise I got approved for unemployment. In the 4 years I was at my previous job, I never knew of anyone to get unemployment after being fired. They would bring a corporate lawyer in to fight it.... After hearing opinions from friends, I'm not alone in thinking that means they didn't have a valid reason to terminate me. Along with all that, this week I received my 2 weeks vacation pay. So for right now the financial stress is at ease. Now I just need to get myself motivated. I've been out of work for almost 3 weeks now and I'm going stir crazy, and the sad part is, I've gotten lazy at the same time. The house needs some major cleaning. Whether I feel like it or not, I have to get the house cleaned tomorrow. We have company coming over this weekend. Looking forward to this weekend as well, the local bar's Bear Night is Friday. I'm excited about it because even though I liked doing the Jello shots, this will be my first bear event in 3 months where I'm not working and can have fun with my friends. Also my best friend is going to be the dj. So other than dreading all the cleaning I have to do, this week has me in very good spirits. Thank you to everyone for the comments of support. It really means a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! That happened to me once too where the employer wanted to fuck me over. I lost out though. Nice friend you have there in the car with you.

    ReplyDelete